Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Vanity Plate Of The Month

Saw LEXBH60. As you'd expect, it was a Lexus. I'd also guess the owner lives in Beverly Hills. And perhaps he was born in 1960.

I also saw I[heart symbol]GULYA.

1) Wow, you can have symbols.

2) I was good friends with a Gulya in law school, but she lives out east now, so I don't think it was hers.

Then there was a BIG AMY. I don't know who Amy is, so I have no idea what her dimensions are, but is this the kind of advertising she really wants?

Then there was MS LVANA. So close to MS IVANA, which would have been a lot cooler.

4 Comments:

Blogger New England Guy said...

Today I parked next to "4EVRR39" - (Yes thats exact, I checked twice)

I get the forever age 39 bit but what is the extra "r" for? Is it for two people -i.e. "we forever are 39"?- but thats ungrammatical even for a license plate.

Now I will mentally read it with a growl - "Foreverrr 39*" - maybe thats the point. Like poetry, vanity plates don't have to mean they just have to be.

*Similary, in Hill Street Blues, actor Ken Olin's name appeared in the credit with what looked liked an accent grave over the 'n' in his first name (I assumed it was just a spot from the background picture but you'd think they'd be more careful than that)- Since then, I have always thought of him as "Kennnn"

5:18 AM, July 01, 2009  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

It's quite possible 4EVR39 was already taken.

7:23 AM, July 01, 2009  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Yes and they could have made a typo too when filling out the form (sounds like something I would do)- I prefer to assume every letter is there for a reason.

Also noted that the personal trainer who comes over to our building to run exercise classes has "FITNSTUF" on her car.

and stuff? The mind races.

9:16 AM, July 01, 2009  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

Maybe she meant it to read FITNESS TOUGH. But I like yours better.

4:31 PM, July 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter