Saturday, February 06, 2010

Now That He's A Ghost Do You Like Him Better?

Stephen King is a voracious reader. I've heard he even reads while taking his walks (including the time he was struck by a vehicle).

I was sure he'd read Salinger, so I was curious to see how he'd react to the man's death. He seems to have taken it pretty well.

I can sort of get it. Salinger is witty if a bit precious. I don't think you could say that of King. It figures they wouldn't see eye to eye.

PS I like the very first comment:

Not much of a fan? Really? He could certainly write circles around you, and he never flooded the market with mediocre novels.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

King should rewrite Salinger. Dreamcatcher In The Rye. Franny And Zooey And Misery.

9:21 AM, February 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter