Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wake Me When It's Over

It's that time of year. The local NPR station is having its pledge drive. I don't know how long it lasts. It seems forever, but it's probably only a couple weeks. Whenever you turn on the station, regular programming is broken up and you're almost bound to hear people begging for your money. I'm afraid to listen.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Ads year 'round are preferable.

PS And this year it coincides with the Winter Olympics, which make it harder to watch TV.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so wrong that year round ads are better. I hope you give

10:35 AM, February 26, 2010  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Hey, we're both going in with our eyes open. If they want me to pay, they should charge before I get the service. Until then, I will support PUBLIC radio the same way I support PUBLIC libraries--through my taxes.

4:34 PM, February 26, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter