Friday, April 09, 2010

Kristin Scores

Last year, when writing about how Anne Hathaway dropped out of a Broadway revival of Promises, Promises, I noted "Perhaps [...] she realized Fran Kubelik plays second fiddle to Chuck Baxter."

Kristin Chenoweth took over the role, but I still I wondered why a star like her would be willing to have a significantly smaller part than co-star Sean Hayes. This Playbill article clears things up a bit. The April 25th revival will give Chenoweth two new numbers, both classic Bacharach/David hits, "I Say A Little Prayer" and "A House Is Not A Home."

It's a good idea (whether Chenoweth demanded the interpolation or not). The songs, especially the first, will perk up an already good score. Furthermore, Chenoweth has the pipes, while I'm not sure if Hayes does, so why let them go to waste?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter