Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Made It

Let me say before I write about a different show that I just watched "Happily Ever After" from Lost and it was one of the best episodes of the season. I don't have time to discuss it now, but I hope to get up a post soon.

 
So somehow I ended up watching all eight episodes of HBO's How To Make It In America. I thought it showed promise, but never really went anywhere. It's about two young operators in New York trying to sell their line of clothing. A different sort of story, but, for all the twists and turns, it rarely engaged. Worse, the show got bogged down by less interesting side-stories dealing with selling a soft drink and decorating a hotel. Plus all the relationship stuff was boring.

The leads, Bryan Greenberg and Victor Rasuk, were fine, but some of the others--especially Luis Guzman, who's generally a solid character actor--didn't wear as well.

If there's second season, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. Based on the ratings, though, I'm guessing this is it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter