Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lookers

The fourth season of Mad Men starts tonight. About time. There's been a drought of good hourlongs since Lost and Breaking Bad ended.

I've avoided most spoilers, but have heard (and it's not much of a spoiler) this season starts about six months beyond where last season ended. I guess we'll see. When the show started, creator Matt Weiner planned, or so I've heard, for each season to skip two years. Certainly that happened between season one and two. But perhaps he saw what a goldmine the show was--both in terms of money and writing. Why not work your way more slowly through the 60s and make a career of it? (And you get to keep the same kid to play Sally Draper.)

My guess is he may have an idea where Don Draper ends up, but for the most part he's taking it as it comes.

Over the past week I've seen Jon Hamm, January Jones and Christina Hendricks promoting the drama on talk shows. I don't think I'm the only one who feels they look a lot better in their 60s clothes and hair. Makes you wonder why more people don't try to look that way all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter