Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In Any Event

I saw The Event earlier this week.  Yes, I'm still watching (though the ratings are way down).  The show has some decent action and situations, even if most of the characters aren't much.  It's nowhere near Lost, which it would like to be, but it's a lot better than V or FlashForward.  I even like it better than post-season 1 Heroes.

I wouldn't mention it except much of the plot this week in "Turnabout" was about a threat to a nuclear plant.  The characters talked about another Chernobyl.  And then we cut to the commercials, where the local NBC station had a promo about a possible meltdown in Japan.  I wonder if there was some discussion at NBC about holding the episode, or at least dubbing in new dialogue.

By the way, while the show is still fun, the plot was even more implausible than usual, featuring a series of stupid decisions from numerous characters.  A few more like this, and I'm done.  Then again, there are only a few more episodes this season, and then The Event may be over.

PS  Taylor Cole, pictured above, plays my favorite character, Vicky Roberts, rogue assassin.  Earlier she had a recurring role on Heroes.  Looking at her bio, I discovered we have the same birthday.  Something I'll be sure to note if I run into her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try to run into her in August, so you can suggest that she has the rare chance of having children born on the same day as the parents.

3:36 AM, March 16, 2011  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

When two US soldiers were willing to betray their units for (1) a kidnapped family and (2) a threatened White House staffer, I almost switched it off. Come on, folks, you've got to do better. The guys writing Breaking Bad work their characters out of tighter spots every week without resorting to that kind of silliness. And what was with two pickup trucks guarding the nuclear fuel rods? That particular shipment wasn't worthy of chopper cover and a coupla hummvees?

8:42 PM, March 16, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter