Friday, May 20, 2011

RIP the Macho Man

Randy Savage (nee Randall Poffo, & brother of Leapin' Lanny Poffo) aka "The Macho Man" and WWF* champion in the late 80s has died in a car accident. Not much to add but like most successful wrestlers, he made much of his persona -likable and stupid-sounding("OOH YEAH"). I mean, really stupid-sounding. I have respect for the dead but thats what he was known for.

He also has a number of "acting" credits outside the ring too. Most interesting to me, an appearance on "Mad About You" in 1999 which sounds so intriguing but somehow got left off his IMDb page **

* Not the one concerned with Global Warming
** Never mind, I found it under "appearances as self" - a separate listing (Does that mean he wasn't appearing as himself in Wrestlemania?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the car accident was caused by a heart attack.

11:01 PM, May 20, 2011  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I heard a major wrestler died. I was scared there for a second. I thought it was Rowdy Roddy Piper.

2:02 AM, May 21, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the horse to bet on in today's Preakness would be second-favorite "Mucho Macho Man"

8:42 AM, May 21, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter