Monday, July 18, 2011

Is It Hot In Here?

Martha Reeves turns 70 today.  She and the Vandellas (female vandals?) recorded some of my favorite music.  Songs like "Quicksand" and "Jimmy Mack" sound as good now as they did when they were first released.

They also happened to have recorded my favorite Motown number of all time: 



Here are the two most popular comments on YouTube for this video:

"I am only 17 but i love the oldies like this way better than the trashy ass music we listen to today. When i see things like this i am proud to be african american."

"This is my favourite song in the world. I've finally decided on it. I've always thought it wasn't possible to have an ultimate favourite song, but i was wrong: this is it."

I'm not going to argue with either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter