Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beyond The Laughter

In its second season, Louie is still one of the best comedies around.  But I do worry lately that Louis C.K., who is the show, is allowing his stuff to become a bit abstract.  I don't demand set-up joke like in other sitcoms, but I still want funny ha ha over funny weird.

Years before this show (or his earlier HBO flop) he did short films that were funny but somewhat arty.  Maybe he's returning to that, which wouldn't be a fair trade. Or maybe it's just tough to come up with new ideas.

I don't know what his ratings are (they can't be that high on FX--and I bet Wilfred is beating him), but as far as I can tell his fans like his stuff.  Still, I think if he gets too experimental and forgets the laughs, they'll start turning away.

PS  I wrote this before his confrontation with Dane Cook, which was amazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dodi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:10 AM, August 11, 2011  
Blogger LAGuy said...

This is the sort of conceptual comedy that Louie should avoid.

9:41 AM, August 11, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter