Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vox Pop

More than once I've gotten an automated phone call from my Representative Xavier Becerra asking me if I want to take part in a town hall conference.  Becerra is a powerful man and has recently been named to the Congressional "super committee" that will decide future federal spending.  Nevertheless, I always turn down the chance, since the first thing I'd say would probably be something like "now what if you did exactly the opposite of everything you're doing, how do you think that would turn out?"

(I've also gotten mailings from Becerra, where he asks his constituents important questions like which would we prefer--to ask super rich people to pay their fair share of taxes or throw widows and orphans out in the street?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter