Saturday, October 01, 2011

Vanity Plates Of The Month

I[heart symbol]CBEARS.  Someone hearts the Care Bears?  That's practically gilding the lily.

GL[heart symbol]RIA'S.  I'm glad Gloria got a car.  More important, I've never seen the apostrophe before on a vanity plate.  I wasn't sure they sold them.

BULLLLY.  Either a waring to get out of his way, or a fan of Teddy Roosevelt.

MXCNGRL.  Guess Tom Petty already took American Girl.

CR8ZY.  A bit basic.

SPALADY.  I'm sure the lady likes spas, but as one word, it looks like some sort of malady.

OMEGA 14.  A gold watch of a car?

IRSHTOY.  Irsh got a toy?  Or is it some sort of IRS thing?

BLIP 6.  Any reliation to Blink 182?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can lilies be gilded? If I go to a flea market featuring late 1800's detritus, will I find them? Or did FDR or Nixon end up melting them all down?

5:06 AM, October 01, 2011  
Blogger John Brownlee said...

IRSHTOY = Irish Toy, I would think.

6:02 AM, October 01, 2011  
Blogger New England Guy said...

CR8ZY is perhaps a box manufacturer? Loves them crates

I agree with M. Brownlee- I wish thinking of a stereotypical sodden fellow going on about something that lures leprechauns

6:48 AM, October 01, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U DO KNOW IT IS THE CHICAGO BEARS DONTCHEW??!!???

7:08 AM, October 01, 2011  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I checked and the original Shakespeare quote is "To gild refined gold, to paint the lily," but somehow "gilding the lily" took over.

9:42 AM, October 01, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter