Monday, June 18, 2012

Quickies

The Independent Film Channel is offering two new comedy showsComedy Bang! Bang! and Bunk.  I caught about 15 minutes of each, so this isn't a fair review, but TV is free (after you've paid your cable bill) and my time isn't (exactly).

Comedy Bang! Bang! is based on Scott Aukerman's podcast (which I didn't follow) and is a parody of talk shows, celebrity guests included.  This was already sort of done years ago on Fernwood 2 Night and America 2-Night.  It's all a bit too deadpan and ironic for me.  I'd prefer a little more wit mixed in with the surrealism--they only do a half hour each week, after all.

Bunk, hosted by Kurt Braunohler (don't worry if you haven't heard of him), is a game show where comedians do ridiculous things to win pointless prizes.  I said about I caught about 15 minutes of these shows, but that was an average--this one only got ten minutes and that seemed long enough.

Who knows, maybe if it's a hot day and I've got nothing to do I'll give them another chance, but for now, even with the regular TV season over, I've got better things to do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot like Space Ghost, too.

12:10 AM, June 21, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter