Sunday, August 12, 2012

Flame Out

So it's over now?  The Olympics will have their closing ceremony and we're done for four (or two) years? I can watch TV again?  Without running up against sports events with results available hours earlier on the internet?

I used to be an avid fan of the Olympics.  Now it's just a huge annoyance blocking out other programming.  I don't know when I stopped caring, but the last time I took time out to watch anything specifically was Tonya Harding versus Nancy Kerrigan.

It's not like I don't care about sports any more.  I'm enjoying the Tigers in their pennant race, for instance. Maybe it's that the Olympics are just too much.  Maybe it's the annoying attitude of those in charge (politically correct but not willing to commemorate the Israeli athletes who were killed).  Maybe it's the end of the Cold War, so medals are no longer proxies for who's better.

Either way, I'm glad it's over and we can get back to normal.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

America has once again proved it's the greatest country in the world. USA! USA! USA!

2:46 AM, August 12, 2012  
Anonymous Denver Guy said...

How about a comment on the Closing Ceremony? It really focused on Britain's contribution to the world of music. I was shocked not to see David Bowie or ELton Job there in person, but at least there was a Bowie montage. I read that NBC viewers missed much of the tribute to the Who. WHere was th tribute to Led Zeppelin!

4:42 PM, August 13, 2012  
Blogger LAGuy said...

My comment on the closing ceremony is I didn't watch it. I do love The Who, though.

6:13 PM, August 13, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter