Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dedicated To The One I Love

I've been reading Carrie Fisher's Shockaholic--about how she enjoys electro-convulsive shock therapy--which, as a memoir, doesn't compare to her previous work, Wishful Drinking. But that's not what I want to talk about. What really made me take notice was her dedication:

For Billie and Barack, who make my world a better place.

Despite the obstacles you've had to overcome--whether posed by my antics or the uber-unfortunate antics of the Tea Partiers and the rest of their distressing ilk--long may you wave.

Let's ignore Billie and look at Barack.  Now I recognize some people think Barack Obama is doing a good job.  Why they think this I'm not sure.  But to be so besotted that you dedicate a book to him?  Say he makes your world a better place?  And heap imprecations on anyone who has the nerve to criticize him?

Maybe this has something to do with that shock treatment.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big deal- people dedicate books for personal reasons. Looks like she is motivated by the battles against the forces of darkness

6:47 AM, September 15, 2013  
Anonymous Lawrence King said...

I submit that "uber-unfortunate" is the silliest part of the whole thing.

Plus, she needs either an umlaut over the 'u' or she should write it as "ueber".

8:27 AM, September 15, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think "oober" would be correct usage in this case.

4:10 PM, September 15, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter