Sunday, March 30, 2014

Last Chance?

Quite a game the Wolverines played against the Volunteers.  I don't know if you caught it, but it came down to the end.  Michigan had a ten point lead late in the game, but then started to fall apart.  Still, they looked like they had the win with a five-point lead, possession of the ball and less than a minute on the clock.  Then they made several mistakes in a row and suddenly Tennessee had the ball with a one-point deficit and only a few seconds left.  Michigan finally did something right and managed to take the game 73-71 (though Tennessee was allowed a last-second desperation shot that didn't come close).

I watched the game on the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica.  It was pretty tough to take, especially with all those annoying Tennessee fans cheering when the Wolverines screwed up.  Afterwards, I walked down the street in my Michigan sweater, and people were giving me high fives.

Overall, though, I wasn't that impressed.  Michigan couldn't seem to put it away, and the teams are only going to get tougher.  Which is why I'm writing this now.  Later today they'll play the Wildcats, and that may be the end. I'd love to see them in the finals, but every game at this point could be the last.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'd be great to have three Big Ten teams in the Final Four.

3:06 AM, March 30, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

You own a Michigan sweater?

4:21 AM, March 30, 2014  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Why wouldn't I?

1:03 PM, March 30, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter