Monday, July 14, 2014

A Ford In Your Past

It's Gerald Ford's birthday today.  I saw the recent Ford biography by James Cannon in the library.  Maybe later.  I'm sure I won't need to go on a waiting list.  No matter how you feel about his politics, Ford has got to be one of the most boring Presidents in recent history.

Maybe I'm not being fair.  Maybe I should read the book and prepare to be surprised. But the title itself is actually what caught my notice: Gerald R. Ford: An Honorable Life.

Could you imagine a duller title? It's as if Cannon's warning us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually read "A Time to Heal" as a teen and found it to be riveting- I guess it was the idea of an ordinary guy in extraordinary circumstances doing basically an ordinary job

4:08 AM, July 15, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter