Saturday, March 14, 2015

Oh Canada or Cinqo De Spocko

Ever heard of Sir Wilfrid Laurier?  Me neither.  Turns out he's the seventh Prime Minister of Canada, back around the turn of the last century. He's also the guy on their $5 bill.  And, according to some, he bears an unfortunate resemblance to Mr. Spock of Star Trek fame.

Since Leonard Nimoy died, Canadians have been "Spocking" their fivers--drawing Spock hair and eyebrows over Sir Wilfrid.

Canada is discouraging it, but I think it looks pretty cool.  Hey, what good is money if you can't have some fun with it.

Maybe we should try it with our fives--Lincoln isn't that far from evil Spock, is he?

4 Comments:

Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

I finished your first paragraph and said, "My God, that's more than a resemblance!"

Of course I hadn't noticed the Federation emblem. If I had, I would have been suspicious--that there was time travel going on.

4:58 AM, March 14, 2015  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard the 20 looks like Kirk

5:41 AM, March 14, 2015  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently I heard wrong unless we think Shat resembles Queen Liz

5:45 AM, March 14, 2015  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

It occurs to me, LAGuy, that you are being a touch cavalier in tossing about "their" currency.

8:51 AM, March 14, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter