Saturday, May 09, 2015

Double Time

Just a couple of things I noticed.

First, McDonald's has been in trouble lately with stagnant sales.  How have they responded?  They're guaranteeing service within 60 seconds at lunchtime.  After you pay at the first window, they give you a minute-glass.  If it's run out by the time they give you your food (single order, not several), you get a coupon for your next visit.

1)  Is the problem with McDonald's long wait times?  Just how bad can it be?

2)  Isn't part of the long wait to get to the pay window?

3)  So if the wait is too long, you get a coupon for your next visit?  Free food, yeah, but who needs a coupon--the one thing they're good at is low prices.  If the wait is too long, you'd go to Burger King the next time.

Second, I was looking at a bio of Paul McCartney by Peter Ames Carlin.  There are blurbs on the back cover. Here's a quote from the New York Post: "A must for Beatles completists."

Yeah, it would pretty much have to be.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They deserve a break today.

7:11 AM, May 09, 2015  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not lovin' it.

10:01 AM, May 09, 2015  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring back the McD.L.T

3:57 PM, May 09, 2015  
Anonymous Denver Guy said...

I think they may have hit on something. When I go through a drvie through, it's almost always because I am in a hurry. Recently, I've had inordinate waits (5 to 10 minutes) at Arby's and Dairy Queen. I do try to avoid drive throughs I know won't be quick. The Arby's with slow service just closed (chicken & egg, perhaps they had slow service because they knew they were closing and it didn't matter). I switched to a new Popeye's. Dairy Queen, I'm pretty sure, had just hired their new summer contingent, so maybe they will improve.

I will have in the back of my mind the 60 second guranty at McDonalds. And unlike Domino's, they don't have to worry that workers will kill people trying to meet an unrealistic delivery deadline.

8:24 AM, May 11, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter