Monday, April 10, 2017

Calling It

Season 3 of Better Call Saul debuts tonight.  Good news, I guess.  The show is no Breaking Bad, but it's fun.

Even so, it's got problems.  It's good to have more from our favorite BB characters, but I don't really need to see the origin of Saul Goodman.  If he came out of his mother's womb a crooked lawyer, that'd be fine with me.  Okay, Mike's beginnings needed some explanation (which we've already gotten), but Jimmy McGill doesn't need some troubled past to whine about.

Worse is the Chuck plot, which is what helps turn Jimmy into Saul.  It wasn't the greatest idea (especially the ridiculous disease Chuck imagines he has, which has wasted quite a bit of the show so far), but to have to sit through a tiresome story where he turns on Jimmy and causes trouble for him--I don't care to see it. It would be great if it was dealt with in the first episode, and Jimmy turns into Saul right away, so we can have fun again.

On the plus side, we finally get to Gus Fring.

I guess my point is what I want is more Breaking Bad adventures, or at least as close as we can get.  The new stuff that belongs solely to this show isn't as interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter