Friday, April 07, 2017

Poetic License

I used to blog about my favorite vanity plates (and Los Angeles must be a leader in that category), but I stopped a while ago.

Recently, however, I was stopped at a light behind something that confused me.  The license plate read:

ASSUWSH

It didn't take long to figure out this means "As You Wish," probably quoting from The Princess Bride. (And perhaps ASUWISH was taken.)

Fine.  But the problem is, on first glance, you think "ass wash." At least I did.

2 Comments:

Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

I read it as "ass u wash," which seems a different thing.

1:15 PM, April 07, 2017  
Blogger New England Guy said...

I first thought "ass you wish:
? which is yet another different thing entirely. The difficulty of communicating though license plates

7:29 PM, April 07, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter