Wednesday, February 07, 2018

What'd I Say?

People are talking about this recent exchange between Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and a woman in the audience at a town hall meeting.



When I first saw Trudeau telling this woman to say "peoplekind" instead of "mankind," my immediate thought was she should say "I look forward to the day we no longer say 'Prime Minister Trudeau.'"

It reminded me of when I saw Barbara Boxer insist on being called "Senator" instead of "Ma'am":



If she tried to pull that on me, I would have said "seeing as how I'm a citizen of California, would it be okay if I call you 'Employee Boxer'?"

It's a good thing I've never been called to testify before Congress.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lawrence King said...

Why not call her a "civil servant"? Unless she's uncivil, of course.

12:55 AM, February 08, 2018  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"people"


Some of whom I assume are good folks

4:24 AM, February 08, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter