Tuesday, June 19, 2018

No Thanks

I saw The Incredibles 2 over the weekend.  Before the film started, there was a short film where the cast (Holly Hunter, Craig T. Nelson, Samuel L. Jackson) and the writer-director (Brad Bird) thanked the audience.  I'm guessing this short is being widely shown. (Or at least being shown in the cinemas owned by the same corporation.)

Do we need this?  I've already bought the ticket and am waiting to see the film.  I'm in.  I don't need a come on, and I don't want any hints or behind-the-scenes views of what's coming up.

This isn't the first time I've seen such a film before the actual film.  It's annoying.  If they really want to thank me, don't get in the way of the entertainment.  Or they can film something to be shown after the film (which I've seen some theatres offer).  Then I can decide if I want to hang out and see more, not be forced to see something to diminish the experience.

So just leave it alone.  I'd be grateful.

2 Comments:

Blogger New England Guy said...

Do you want to know who the voice is or not? I think I would rather see the voice actors after- If I knew the personalities it would influence my perception of the characters.

On the other hand its kids' animation- oneshouldn't really think too hard about anything

11:27 AM, June 19, 2018  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A) Kids are our future.

B) Your grade in Property was pre-determined by your experience with Foghorn Leghorn.

5:42 AM, June 20, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter