Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Isn't That Special?

I was just watching TV.  The programming on my local CBS affiliate was preempted by a press conference giving us the latest California coronavirus news.  Then that got preempted by CBS national news informing us the SpaceX launch had been aborted due to weather conditions.

I've never seen a double preemption. It was sort of exciting.  Though, to be honest, neither message seemed so important that they had to break in.  I don't know who makes the decision, though I guess I know now the national team wins out over the local team. (Or does it?  Did the local team resent being taken off the air?  Could it have done anything about it?)

PS  I was flipping through the channels when I saw this.  I think normal CBS programming at the time was The Talk.  I don't really watch that show, but I would expect fans were doubly annoyed today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lawrence King said...

Speculation:

Nixon resigned because the Senate was going to vote to convict him.

Most senators were going to vote that way because their constituents were strongly against Nixon.

Their constituents were strongly against Nixon because the networks had pre-empted their TV shows to broadcast the Watergate hearings.

In a parallel universe, Nixon remained president because Watergate news was broadcast only 6:00 to 7:00 PM and 11:00 to 11:30 PM.

10:23 PM, May 28, 2020  
Blogger LAGuy said...

The press has power, but I don't think it has that much. Didn't they air the Trump impeachment hearings? What effect did that have?

2:49 PM, May 29, 2020  
Anonymous Mobile App Development Company in Chennai said...

Thank you very nice sharing.

2:56 AM, February 06, 2024  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter