Monday, October 01, 2007

Post Season Predictions

I'm going to go out on a limb and make my baseball predictions before the one gamer for the last slot happens tonight . Josh Fogg is pitching for Colorado. He was the mainstay of my beloved Pirates rotation in the early part of this century (the Pirates have not won more than 75 games for 8 seasons) so I'll go with San Diego.

Red Sox over Angels in 4- T.O.D. defeats what is one of many boring west coast expansion teams present this post season.
Yankees over Indians in 5- Much as I hate them, they just won't die

Cubs over D'backs in 3- No team from Arizona has any place in the post season
Phillies over Padres in 3 - See above

Red Sox over Yankees in 7 - Angst, angst, angst
Cubs over Phillies in 7- Riots are possible.

Red Sox over Cubs in 7-Pigs fly. Ratings Bonanza- Even if it finishes the other way, it will make both of the two most obnoxious fan bases in the free world become even more totally unbearable.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree with you on all four opening series except Yankees. Padres verse Angels in final. Mikey from Michigan

1:20 PM, October 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're both wrong. The Yankees know how to win and will do it again.

8:23 PM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger LAGuy said...

What about the Mets? I still think they can make it.

11:42 PM, October 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you start a new thread for your Colorado fans to gloat in?

Seriously, I was at the season finale against the Diamondbacks. Even though the diamondbacks weren't playing for anything, I thought it was clear the Rockies can take them. I think the Rockies can beat the Philies too. I am worried about the Cubs, though. It's not that the Cubs are better, but the Rockies have amental block associated with that team. Plus, there are more Cubs fans in Colorado than Rockies fans.

As for the World Series, I'm afraid any AL team is likely to beat any NL team. But if anyone can pull a rabit out of the hat, it will be this Rockies team, especially with Aaron Cook back in the lineup.

4:05 PM, October 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter