Friday, May 09, 2008

Summer (Movie) Lovin'

Okay, here's my top 5, in no particular order:

Indy 4
Iron Man
Narnia: Prince Caspian
Wall-E
Dark Knight

After that, the crystal ball gets a bit murky. Hancock, The Happening, Wanted, and Zohan should do well. The Mummy sequel will probably round out the top 10, with a possible nod to a sleeper like Tropic Thunder or Pineapple Express.

I agree with LAGuy that most of the other big summer releases (Sex and the City, Speed Racer, Hulk, Get Smart, Mamma Mia!, X-Files, Love Guru, etc.) will do less than expected. And after watching the Kung Fu Panda trailer, I see it as this year's Surf's Up.

All in all, I don't see any box-office records this summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger QueensGuy said...

I like your top 5, and don't think I disagree with any. My dark horse pick for top 10 is Turn The River.

9:06 PM, May 09, 2008  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I don't see Turn The River making much of a splash at the box office, but I would suggest people check it out since it's written and directed by an acquaintance of mine (who's better known as an actor), Chris Eigeman.

1:53 AM, May 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter