Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tangled

I have said Obama should and would pick Hillary as a Veep. It made sense to me as a solution if she could threaten him at the convention, and would appeal to many Dems who might otherwise bolt. But now it's pretty clear that won't happen. (There are rumors, though, that he might appoint her to the Supreme Court. That sounds weird to me, and scary to a lot of others.)

So there's plenty of speculation afoot as to whom he'll pick. I guess I'll go with my previous choice, before I thought it might be Hillary--Senator Jim Webb. I'm not the biggest fan of Webb, but he would appeal to Virginia, which is in play, and more important, help Obama shore up his national security and military credentials, which is where McCain is strongest against him.

1 Comments:

Blogger New England Guy said...

If he doesn't pick Hillary, he can't pick Webb. If Hillary supporters could find "sexism" in Obama's campaign and are still angry about it, imagine what they'd do with Webb's record- steamy novels with sex kittens, a record of opposing women in the military. Its at least 5 Anna Quindlen/ Maureen Dowd (also branded a sexist by the NYT ombudstron ) columns and similar offerings would take over the media for several news cycles. (Sam Nunn might however be an alternative in this vein)

No somebody safe and not scene-stealing like Richardson is more likely

5:59 AM, July 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter