Thursday, October 02, 2008

Quotes of Note

Tonight's VP debate promises to be more entertaining than edifying but I thought it would be fun to try to predict the key lines beforehand (not the general stuff about "Hope" "Change" "Elites" "Washington" blah). Mine are below, I think the speaker is obvious from the context. Please enter your own suggestions

"Governor, I know Hillary Clinton, I have served with Senator Clinton, I've debated Senator Clinton and Governor....."

"I didn't mean to be sexist when I referred to us being 'second bananas' " (maybe he says this one is after the Debate)

"You've been saying that since I was in 2d grade" (Alright she's already said it but its a good line to repeat).

Reference to current Iraq policy as "A real Bridge to Nowhere" (unless she jumps in first with the same line to describe "liberal policies")

"And in Johnson v. Texas, they let our flag be burnt...."

"You can't bring down a moose with a Berretta"

"I think the point the Governor was trying to make was...."

I think pigs and lipstick and Neil Kinnock lines will be avoided.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the debate was a draw. Palin greatly exceeded my expectations -- I had been in her corner until the final Katie Couric segment, where her performance was indefensible. Biden was obviously more knowledgeble but he mostly remained a cipher.

He also had the gall to explain his vote for the Iraq War by "I thought it was a vote for more dialog." That's the absurd line that Hillary used in the primaries, which Obama ridiculed her for.

I just wish that Obama and Biden would try to link McCain to Bush. And I wish that McCain and Palin would use the word "maverick" more.

9:25 PM, October 02, 2008  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Only saw the last question and the closing statements. SHe gave a Tina Fey-like meandering summary and he gave well, a Joe Biden-type meandering summary. Thnakfully, MSM was there to say they both did well. I certainly never would have figured that out for myself.

4:21 AM, October 03, 2008  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

Hey, aren't you going to take credit for calling the "bridge to nowhere" line? I thought of you when he said it. Nicely done!

6:52 AM, October 03, 2008  
Blogger New England Guy said...

I missed it. Thanks or I probably never would have known.

7:46 AM, October 03, 2008  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

"So you're going to ... replace a $12,000 plan with a $5,000 check you just give to the insurance company. I call that the ultimate bridge to nowhere," Biden said.

8:30 AM, October 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I screamed "Biden got it in first!" when he did it. Thanks New England Guy. But there should have been a drinking game for every time Sarah Palin said "Maverick," "Reform," and "Not a Washington Insider."

9:05 PM, October 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a drink every time Biden or Obama says "McCain" and "Bush" in the same sentence?

11:44 PM, October 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter