Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Kideology

LA Guy announced he is reducing posts so I'll try to post more. This one is about my 12 year old. So pass on if kid talk bores you.

My son is at the age where he is fascinated with Star Wars and superheroes, thinks girls are icky lesser beings and plays various games where the ultimate aim is world domination. (In 5th grade, he had an extra credit project to form a club which had a social goal, he formed "Masterminds of Evil" with the aim of "ruling the galaxy"- he only got partial credit as he "did not have a feasible plan to achieve the goal") In other words, he is a normal boy.

Lately he's been asking lots and lots of questions about the election which I try to answer (Children are very good at exposing one's lack of knowledge). He gets some information from friends and school but lots of misinformation (i.e. Obama is a muslim, Sarah Palin would ban Spore). So we found a website (I think it was through Wall Street Journal) where you could enter your answers to various issue of day the questions and then through the magic of the internet, find out which candidate was closest to your beliefs. I sent him off to fill it out this weekend in the breaks in between light saber duels and space attacks.

Surprise of the week on Sunday night- "Dad? Who is Ralph Nader?" *



* Explanation (I hope) -he said about half of his answers were "no opinion."

1 Comments:

Blogger QueensGuy said...

I still remember how I was an 85% match with Mike "RockTosser" Gravel, and no more than 50% with anyone else.

7:21 AM, November 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter