Thursday, April 09, 2009

Kal Kills Kutner, Kumar

I guess this is a spoiler, but hey, people die on House all the time. In this week's episode, Dr. Kutner committed suicide. A bit of a surprise, since he seemed the least troubled of all the (very troubled) characters. I guess that's the way it works--especially on TV, where you want to give each character something interesting.

Actually, it wasn't a surprise to me, since I taped the show (yes, I still tape shows) and caught the credits as I was turning it off, which included a memorial website to Kutner where viewers could write in. (They also had a card for a phone number to call if you're considering offing yourself--maybe a bit overdone.)

Apparently, the actor Kal Penn will be working at the White House as a liaison to Asian-Americans and to the arts community, so he wanted to leave the show. Will they replace him, or just leave things as they are? I'm sure there are plenty of actors who would kill for his spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter