Saturday, December 12, 2009

Prime Time Cancelation

The rumors are true--Tiger Woods is quitting golf. At least for a while. Hey, he can afford it. But he's still in his prime. This isn't good for him, and it's even worse for golf. (Though it is good for Phil Mickelson.)

Some are comparing it to Michael Jordan taking some time off. Others to Muhammad Ali missing a few years. But it reminds me most of Barry Sanders. Both Tiger and Barry stopped just as they were on the verge of smashing all-time records.

I'm still not sure why Barry left the Detroit Lions. Must have been very unhappy. Maybe Tiger could use a little time out of the spotlight, but I hope he comes back while he still can do well what he does better than anyone else.

(That reminds me of a Norm MacDonald line. After OJ was acquitted, MacDonald said he wanted to go back to doing what he does best--killing people.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to look at the good- less golf on TV!

Maybe they can back to showing old movies

6:42 AM, December 12, 2009  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

You hush, anon. How are we supposed to fall asleep on a Saturday afternoon on the couch without a big green field on my tv and some guy whispering as though the players could hear him? Are you going to pay for Ambien for all of us?

Speaking of which, I had never even heard of ambien sex before this, and would never in my wildest imaginings have thought I would learn of it through dirty texts from Tiger Woods.

11:38 PM, December 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter