Saturday, January 09, 2010

Am I Color Blind?

Been seeing a lot of billboards for Denzel Washington's latest, The Book Of Eli. They all feature a character from the movie and a slogan that includes a word with the letters E-L-I, like DELIVER or RELIGION. Then they set off the ELI in a different color.

Except the coloring change is so slight I hardly notice it. Is it just me, or did they screw up?

As long as I'm writing about this, might as well mention a story from years ago. There was this place that opened up on Wilshire near Western. Don't know if it was a club, or a store, or what. But I know it was called RECITAL, because it was on a bright neon sign out front. And to emphasize it, they turned the "I" into an exclamation point, and made it a different color.

The effect--and they couldn't have meant this--was a bright neon RECTAL with an exclamation point in the middle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter