Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Was 2009 The Best Year Ever For Animated Films?

We are in a golden age of animation. I can't recall the last time there was a year with three animated films I'd be happy to see a second time. In 2009 there were five: "Fantastic Mr. Fox," "Up," "Ponyo," "Coraline," "The Princess and the Frog," and "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs."

The neatest part is that they represent such different styles. "Fantastic" is stop-motion, "Up" is cutting-edge CGI, "Ponyo" and "Princess" are old-school hand-drawn, "Coraline" is 3-D. There's so much room for artists to use different styles that fit their vision -- though some are a bit more flexible than others.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 2009 there were five: "Fantastic Mr. Fox," "Up," "Ponyo," "Coraline," "The Princess and the Frog," and "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs."

Looks like six to me.

8:44 AM, January 12, 2010  
Blogger QueensGuy said...

I was told there would be no math. Actually I realized that I left out "Princess" at the end of the drafting process. Thanks, anon.

10:06 AM, January 12, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter