Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Moment Of Grace

A few days ago I prematurely celebrated Grace Slick's birthday. I was helped out by Sarah, who set me straight in the comments.

Let me recommend that people check out Sarah's blog, Go Ask Sarah: The world through the eyes of a 60-year-old child.  According to her own description, she was born in 1992 but thinks she should have been born in 1949 and thus lived through the 60s.  (If for nothing else but the music, she's got a good case.)

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people feel they're not in the right time.  Is there some French or German phrase for nostalgia for an era you never lived in?

Incidentally, Sarah lives in LA.  For all I know I've run into her and not known it.  Guess I should look for the young woman with the old soul.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right, like you haven't been doing that, you old Picasso, you.

code word lyrich. Is the 60's music about lyrics or music?

4:06 AM, October 06, 2010  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you so much!

If you ever see me walking about L.A., feel free to stop me and say, "hello!"

9:46 AM, October 06, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought nobody walks in LA. But then maybe I'm living in the age of early MTV (y'know back when it was actually.. like.. good)

10:45 AM, October 06, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take the unlicensed liberty of speaking for all the Guys and say, We think you should marry her, LAGuy.

SWMBCg, etc.

1:15 PM, October 06, 2010  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love walking around L.A. There's more freedom that way. And you can actually take the time to stop and look around you. Yes, you can do that in a car, but you're mostly focusing on when the light will turn green, getting to where you're going in a timely fashion, etc. There are just too many hassles when it comes to driving.

9:07 AM, October 07, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter