Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nothing Major

I've been watching IFC's Undeclared reruns.  I missed the show first time around.  It's Judd Apatow's "sequel" to Freaks And Geeks, and now the kids are in college. It uses some of the same actors and writers, and, like F&G, it was canceled after one season.

The show isn't nearly as charming.  The F&G characters were far more interesting.  Maybe it was because that was a period piece, and came more from the heart (and was also set in the place of my childhood).  Or maybe there's no actor on the show as interesting as Linda Cardellini.  Or maybe the half-hour format of Undeclared creates an expectation that it'll be funnier.  Either way, I'd rather there were a second season of Freaks And Geeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lawrence King said...

Wasn't Linda Cardellini in some of the episodes? I haven't seen the show at all, but I just finished Freaks & Geeks and I thought someone on one of the DVD bonus features mentioned that.

6:44 PM, December 13, 2010  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Seth Rogen is the only regular on the show who also starred in Freaks And Geeks. Jason Segel plays a recurring character, and most of the other F&G leads show up eventually, but I don't believe Linda Cardellini ever appeared.

7:15 PM, December 13, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter