Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Royal Boon

Read in the comments to an article (Sorry I forget where) discussing the recently disclosed pending blessed event in England, specifically involving Princess Kate's rumored carrying of twins and whether, in the case boy-girl twins the doctor could manipulate things to insure that one gender or another would wear the crown, something to the effect of

I don't care as long as they are healthy but don't name them Apple and Cinnamon.
 
Well if you are going to make demands on royalty, I suppose it is wise to make ones that are easily accommodated.

[ My reply comment  "And why the hell not!?" for some reason was not accepted for posting- so you get to enjoy it here.]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to see them pick a good old-fashioned name like Ethelred or Eadwig.

11:15 AM, December 04, 2012  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Isn't it AEthelred?

I will stick with my suggestions for Princess Di's blessed event back in the 80s- Scooter or Dusty

or for a girl, a fun funky name like BritNi

1:53 PM, December 04, 2012  
Anonymous Lawrence King said...

That's a good argument for keeping the current law, which puts males ahead of their female siblings, but in all other ways treats them equally for the succession.

Not that it matters. I think figurehead monarchs are silly. But I wouldn't mind having a real monarch, as long as it was a cool guy like Otto von Habsburg or Juan Carlos. (The Spanish system, which gives the king small but still significant powers, makes sense to me.)

4:33 PM, December 05, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter