Monday, February 03, 2014

I'm In The Middle Without Any Plans

I don't have too much to say about the 43-8 blowout that was the 48th Super Bowl.  From the safety at the first series, the Broncos embarrassed themselves. (The only Super Bowl that could even compare in horrendous defeat was maybe the 24th, when Denver lost to San Francisco 55-10.)

It promised to be a close game, and most of my friends thought Denver had the edge. But always take defense over offense.  Seattle simply overwhelmed Denver, and the few times the Broncos looked threatening, they'd give away the ball.

Except for score and turnovers, the final numbers actually don't look that bad for Denver.  Manning even completed 34 passes. But don't let that fool you.  The only question by the third quarter was would this be the first Super Bowl shutout.

As readers may know, I'm no fan of Peyton Manning, so it was almost fun to see him humiliated in front of millions. But I didn't need it to be this bad.  The point was made early on.

PS  Took a walk during halftime. Best part of the game.

6 Comments:

Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

I'll say it was the best part of the game. I watched the damn thing and the only thing that interested me was whether the fireworks were digitized or real.

2:48 AM, February 03, 2014  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Interesting that your score is off a bit. Are penalizing Seattle for social injustice at Boeing? 34-8 is apparently 43-8.

I can vouch for its being 36-0 when I gave up and went to bed.

Of course, after that half time show, I'm not sure any of it was real . . .

2:58 AM, February 03, 2014  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well 55-10 may have been a worse embarrassment but the 42-10 loss to the Washington team that dare not speak its name, or the 39-20 drubbing by the NY Football Giants or even the drubbing by [South] America's team in the 70s were equally big embarrassments by Denver. Buffalo had the streak but Denver shows its staying power in the SB flops stakes.

Commercials largely sucked too

4:04 AM, February 03, 2014  
Blogger LAGuy said...

The score was a Spoonerism which I've fixed.

10:09 AM, February 03, 2014  
Anonymous Denver Guy said...

Thank you for having some empathy for we poor Coloradans. As for me, I watched through the commercial break after the 3rd quarter, then went home and watched "Groundhog Day," our usual tradition for Feb. 2nd.

So my only question, how did Brian Doyle Murray get so bald and so much heavier in the relatively short time between Caddyshack and Groundhog Day?

3:19 PM, February 03, 2014  
Blogger LAGuy said...

13 years passed between those films. He went from 35 to 48. Pretty much par for the course.

3:31 PM, February 03, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter