Monday, August 04, 2014

Drop A Line

Here's a survey from England asking people what they think is the weirdest song lyric.  It's a survey of 2000 adults, though the methodology isn't explained--for instance, were they offered lines to vote on, or could they come up with anything?

Anyway, here's the top 10:

1. The Killers, Human "Are we human, or are we dancer?"

2. The Beatles, I Am The Walrus "I am the eggman, they are the eggmen, I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob."

3. Michael Jackson, Earth Song "What about elephants? Have we lost their trust?"

4. Lionel Richie, All Night Long "Tom bo li de se de moi ya, yeah jambo jambo."

5. Carly Rae Jepsen, Call Me Maybe "Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad."

6. Black Eyed Peas, Boom Boom Pow "Beats so big I'm stepping on leprechauns."

7.  Duran Duran, The Reflex "The reflex is an only child, he's waiting in the park."

8. Wham! Club Tropicana "Club Tropicana, drinks are free, fun and sunshine, there's enough for everyone, all that's missing is the sea."

9. Taylor Swift, Love Story -"Cause you were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter, and my daddy said stay away from Juliet."

10. Oasis, Champagne Supernova "Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball."

Overall, an amazingly lame list.

Some of the lines are just nonsense speech, like Lionel Richie.  Some of them aren't weird so much as stupid, such as Michael Jackson.  Some are just poorly done metaphors, such as Taylor Swift, Oasis and maybe the Black Eyed Peas.  Some of them are actually clever, such as Carly Rae Jepsen, Wham! and maybe the Black Eyed Peas.

Overall, I can think of much stranger stuff--heck, I can think of some artists whose average lines are weirder than this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the Call Me Maybe line. Its thought-evoking and confuses the literal/dumb

3:50 AM, August 04, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter