Saturday, June 03, 2017

I Hear A Symphony

Sometimes, when I'm drifting off to sleep, I imagine music. Music of my own creation.  Sometimes it's even symphonic.  And it sounds pretty good.  Unfortunately, I never am able to remember it later.

So it's got me wondering.  When my brain is in that state, am I naturally more creative?  Or when my brain is in that state, are my critical faculties lower, so I convince myself something sounds better than it is?

A secondary, though perhaps bigger, question.  What is it I'm hearing?  What's going on in my brain while that music is playing?  How similar is it to hearing something from an actual outside source?  (Same questions for seeing something in your mind's eye.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lawrence King said...

It's music from the cell next to yours. Whenever you mention hearing the music, the orderlies immediately pass on this news to Columbus Guy and me.

Take heart -- this is a sign of major progress! When you can finally hear the music more clearly than the things you usually believe is real, you will finally be close to a cure.

4:19 PM, June 03, 2017  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may be the oddest comment ever, and I'm including robots.

4:51 PM, June 03, 2017  
Blogger New England Guy said...

This is why drugs work too

5:36 AM, June 04, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter