Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Trekkin'

A two-volume oral history of Star Trek's first 50 years came out last year.  I bought the first volume, since I'm mostly interested in the first half of the story.

It's been on my Kindle for over a year, but I only just got to it.  I still mostly read old-fashioned books, the kind that are on paper.

It's close to 600 pages, and is a lot of fun.  All the players, in front of and behind the scenes, are here.  And they've all got stories to tell, even if they sometime contradict each other.  And they don't hold back--some people are still angry.

The story of the original series has oft been told, but perhaps never so well.  And I didn't know that much about the movies, which takes up the later chapters--it was both entertaining and informative.

It's been called a must for Trek fans.  I think that's right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter