Tuesday, February 27, 2018

This Window Is Too Big

I recently had some furniture delivered.  I was told to expect it from 11 am to 3 pm.

Isn't that a pretty big window?  I understand you can get a little behind, and there are uncertainties regarding how long it takes to unload items, not to mention traffic problems.

But shouldn't experienced delivery people from established businesses be a little better in their ETA? If an airline said "we usually land at 4 pm, but it may be in the evening" you wouldn't want to fly with them. (And the problems of airlines are a lot more serious when it comes to delays in schedule.) If you asked a waiter how long before a dish will be ready and heard "probably twenty minutes but it could be over three hours" you'd walk out.

But that's the thing--stuck in my house, I can't walk out. I'm a prisoner of the delivery guys.  Let's say I want to go to lunch.  If they said 11 to noon, or even 11 to 1, fine, I can plan on lunch after.  Of if they said 1 to 3 I can have lunch before.  But 11 to 3?

Seems to me a decent delivery service can get it down to two hours--one if they work at it.

1 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Just had an appliance delivered. Window was 1 to 3:30. (2 1/2 hours). That should be sufficient. When they came at 5 they said it was because the previous house had three deliveries of appliances from the basement to the 2nd floor. Well you could have called . . .

7:00 PM, February 27, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter