Saturday, May 05, 2018

Not Your Father's--Really Not Anyone's

Years ago I drove an Oldsmobile.  I drove it into the ground. I can't even remember how many years I had it, but I drove it across the country a few times.

One thing I know--I had it long enough that by the time I planned to buy a new car, they weren't even making Oldsmobiles any more.  Too bad.  Maybe I would have bought another.

Anyway, the next car I bought, after looking quite a bit, was a Ford Taurus.  And I've been enjoying it for several years now.

Which is why I was sad to hear Ford is going to stop making them. In fact, Ford will stop making all its sedans.  No Focus, no Fusion, no Fiesta.

That sounds crazy.  What will be the purpose of Ford is they don't make these cars any more?  I guess it's their choice, but it does mean when I buy a new car, it won't be a Taurus (or a Ford).

It also means that this is the second car I chose that died.  I'm a car-killer.  So here's the deal--give me $10,000 and I won't buy your brand.

5 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Or better let's find out what brand you next buy and we'll short the stock.

10:50 AM, May 05, 2018  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So your price is 10k.

3:25 PM, May 05, 2018  
Blogger LAGuy said...

That's my price for doing nothing. You want me to do something, you gotta pony up a little more.

7:39 PM, May 05, 2018  
Anonymous Denver Guy said...

Ford isn't ending the Mustang, are they!?! Not that I'm likely to get another one (I drove mine into the ground), but sure some nice memories. I guess Ford gets no residuas from my memories, but I do have a Ford Flex now (since 2010).

7:29 PM, May 07, 2018  
Blogger LAGuy said...

The Mustang is the one car they're keeping.

8:56 PM, May 07, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter