Thursday, April 26, 2018

Hit It

Here's an article about "8 One-Hit Wonders We Want To Forget" by Lauren Spagnoletti.

Might as well get straight to the list (which is not numbered):

"Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba 1997

"I Touch Myself" by Divinyls 1991

"I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred 1992

"Because I Got High" by Afroman 2000

"Mambo No. 5" by Lou Bega 2001

"Who Let The Dogs Out" by Baha Men 2000

"Macarena" by Los Del Rio 1995

"MMMBop" by Hanson 1997

This list sure let's us know when Spagnoletti was listening to music--the songs are all from 1991 to 2001.  I'd also note a lot of these are novelty numbers.  Perhaps that's how it often goes with one-hit wonders.

Anyway, I'm not impressed.  I can think of countless one-hit wonders with worse songs (not to mention multi-hit acts with numerous worse songs).

In fact, I like some of these, and I'd say there's only one I just don't want to hear any more.  I was going to leave you hanging, but it's the last one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not credible. Nobody doesn't like Chumbawumba, and hey, I touch myself? C'mon!

5:49 PM, April 26, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter