Wednesday, November 07, 2018

It's Just A Big Popularity Contest

So how did you like that for an election night?  It sure was something.  In a way, you could see it coming.  But in another way, it was quite a surprise.

But it's really part of a larger pattern.  Sure, a lot of people figured it wouldn't work out the way it did, but if they were just aware of...

Who am I kidding?  I wrote this post a week ago, because I'm on vacation today.  I have no idea what happened--usually the people leading in the polls win, though there are enough surprises to keep things exciting.

The only thing I know for sure is each election, partisans on both sides warn us this is one of the most crucial elections of our lifetime. (That's for midterm elections--presidential elections are always the most important of our lifetime.) Then it's over, and on to the next crucial election.

Only two years to go. Maybe I'll be home for that one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, your partisan analysis is such bullshit it make my sphincter stiffen.

Beyond that, I agree, entirely.

5:16 PM, November 07, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter