Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not Bad

AMC, formerly the network that shows old movies which I don't watch because they have commercials, has become the go-to spot for new drama.

Last year introduced Mad Men, about the ad game in the 1960s. While I thought it was sometimes long and decor and short on plot, overall it created an interesting world.

The latest debut is Breaking Bad, starring Malcolm In The Middle's Bryan Cranston, who plays it straight here. The show's description sounded absurd--a quiet high school chemistry teacher who's just turned 50 learns he has inoperable cancer and so starts a methamphetamine lab. But the pilot was actually pretty good, and Cranston (I've always liked him) even better.

I'm curious to see what's going to happen next. If you missed the pilot I'm sure they'll be repeating it all week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter