Friday, February 13, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Oscar

I was driving on Hollywood from La Brea to Highland--about a mile from where I live--and I wondered what was going on? With all the activity I thought they must be shooting a movie. Then I realized they're just preparing for next Sunday's Oscar broadcast.

The whole block will be closed down. Every year I think I should go down there and watch the stars on the red carpet, just to say I did it. But, like attening to Rose Bowl Parade, or, back when I lived out east, Times Square at New Year's, I guess it's just something I'll never really do. It's not worth it due to the hassle factor.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever gone to the Rose Parade? That's something that looks worth doing to me (I don't feel the TV screen does justice to the floats). I have been to the Macy's Thanksgiving pparade, and that is a specktacle worth seeing in person.

But I don't think I'll ever go to the trouble to see the perp walk at the Oscars. I'l probably never celebrate New Years in Times Square either.

9:33 AM, February 13, 2009  
Blogger LAGuy said...

The Rose Parade you can see perfectly fine on TV. It's the last of the three things I'd see in person.

10:25 AM, February 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter