Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sound Waves

Happy birthday, Brian Wilson. Whether you think he's a nut or a genius (or both) there aren't too many people in the past half century who made more good music.

And he wasn't just a songwriter, he was a composer:





PS I've made fun of Wilson's lyrics in the past, but "Wouldn't It Be Nice" is well-written. For a conditional love song, it beats the heck out of the starchy "If I Loved You," and I like it considerably more than the overrated "Maybe I'm Amazed."

My favorite line:

You know it seems the more we talk about it
It only makes it worse to live without it
But lets talk about it

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song may be good, but Pet Sounds as a whole is overrated. It was a turning point for the Beach Boys where they get bogged down with heavy production, rather than the great surf and car songs of the past. Not a worthwhile trade.

1:52 PM, June 20, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter