Friday, July 16, 2010

Face To Face

I was watching Community and during a commercial switched to TMC, which was playing Sixteen Candles. The weird thing was I turned from Anthony Michael Hall as a too-old, comical tough guy to the old (young) Anthony Michael Hall we all remember. Quite a shock. Of course, he's got to live with it every day. I wonder how he feels when he watches those old films. It's a tough transition from kid/teen star to adult.

Later I watched 30 Rock. A running gag there is Jenna Marony (Jane Krakowski) hoping to star in a movie based on Janis Joplin's life. (She does research and the writers keep changing Joplin's entryon Wikipedia to mess with her.) And the next thing you know, I'm reading a story about Amy Adams playing Joplin in a biopic. I think Adams is very talented, but this role is the opposite of everything she's ever played on screen.

1 Comments:

Blogger New England Guy said...

Thanks- that was bugging me why that Community bully looked familiar- I thought at first it was Jason Sudeikis with his Jon Bovi look on.

5:44 AM, July 16, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter