Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Not Goodbye, But Auf Wiedersehen

As I noted (promised? warned?) earlier this year, I will be giving up daily updates on this blog.  I've been at this since before Bush beat Kerry, and it's time to move on.

But don't go away.  The blog isn't entirely dead.  First, the other Guys are still free to post, so maybe they'll pick up some of the slack.

Second, if you really need your fix, we've got our archives.  Old posts are new if you haven't read them.  It can be interesting to see what we were talking about in the past, and sometimes embarrassing.

Third, I'm only giving up regular posting.  I will return for certain popular features.  For instance, around late December I'm sure I'll still hand out end-of-the-year awards.  Also, I'll see how accurate my predictions were for 2016, and make new predictions for 2017.  And some time in January I'll do the biggest post of the year--my annual film wrap-up.

For that matter, I might occasionally post something if the mood strikes, or I have something to say.  (Regular readers may have noted I often write when I have nothing to say.  In fact, I'd guess only one in five posts actually means anything.)

It was an interesting experiment, and it went on considerably longer than I ever guessed it would.  We have a fair amount of regular readers, but not so many that it would make a ripple in the blogosphere if we suddenly disappeared. (If it did, I would have already figured a way to monetize this thing).

So farewell.  For now.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Lawrence King said...

Your ideas and excellent writing will be missed!

1:36 PM, November 15, 2016  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Yes, indeed.

2:43 PM, November 15, 2016  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Thanks, but we all knew it was coming. And now I guess I'll just keep my ideas to myself.

Like this one I got about a father who writes a letter to his daughter apologizing for being so sanctimonious that he thinks he needs to explain the election to her...

Anyway, see you around the end of the year, if not sooner.

4:14 PM, November 15, 2016  
Blogger John Brownlee said...

And with you goes one of your longest followers. I always loved reading your posts. ColumbusGuy's empty, hate-filled snark? Not so much. Drop me an email, LAGuy, if you ever start writing elsewhere.

7:36 AM, November 18, 2016  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Thanks for the kind words. I remember you writing an occasional comment in the past and I wasn't sure if you were still counted among our readers.

I hope you continue to check in here from time to time to see if anything new is up.

10:29 AM, November 18, 2016  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

hogan outlet online
moncler jackets
bape hoodie
pandora jewelry
adidas yeezy boost
patriots jersey
golden goose sneakers
adidas yeezy
ysl
jordan 11 retro

1:49 AM, May 23, 2018  
Blogger 7889520 said...

qzz0621
armani exchange
warriors jerseys
timberwolves jerseys
oakley sunglasses
marc jacobs outlet
canada goose outlet
mishka clothing
michael kors
michael kors handbags
ralph lauren polo shirts

6:40 PM, June 20, 2018  
Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.7.26ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet
jordan 8
moncler online outlet
moncler
uggs outlet
ray ban sunglasses
air jordan 8
manolo blahnik
nike outlet store

12:20 AM, July 26, 2018  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter