Tuesday, December 19, 2017

It's Hard

The last Beatle album I ranked was Help!, so let's go with the movie they starred in the year before, A Hard Day's Night.

As usual, I'll be using the British version, which contains 13 songs, all original Lennon/McCartney compositions--their first album with no covers.  The American version has eight Beatles recordings and four instrumentals of Beatle tunes done by George Martin.

This album turned out to be the hardest to rank so far--I consider most of these songs classics.

1.   Can't Buy Me Love
2.   I'll Be Back
3.   Any Time At All
4.   A Hard Day's Night
5.   If I Fell
6.   You Can't Do That
7.   And I Love Her
8.   Things We Said Today
9.   I'm Happy Just To Dance With You
10. Tell Me Why
11. When I Get Home
12. I Should Have Known Better
13. I'll Cry Instead

web page hit counter